OK, so my lack of posts is (partly) because of the fact that I was on vacation! Yay me!
For lack of a better topic, I shall talk about my vacation!
I went up to the Sierra mountains. My family owns a cabin there, within five minutes of an awesome river, and a half hour from a lake.
Here is some of what happened:
The River
The river has a strong current and is cold as snowmelt. Luckily, in the summer, it is so hot outside that the river feels good that cold. You can swim around, careful to avoid sharp rocks and strong currents, or use the current to carry you somewhere super fast. A fun way to use a floaty is going down the rapids in one...like short white water rafting trips in weaker, safe currents.
The Lake
The lake is big. And awesome. And full of islands, that are medium sized and awesome. I've camped on an island in the past, but this time my friend and I were content to swim out to them and play around. There is a lagoon that is good for wading and shallow swimming, and has a long strip of rock underwater that slowly descends for ages, making a good place to get used to the temperature.
My Feet
Yes. My feet. You read right. I hurt my legs and feet way too much on my six day vacation. Here are four of the memorable ways in which I injured myself:
At the river, I slipped on a wet rock, skinned my knee a bit, and got a bruise on my upper leg. Then I got up, walked three steps, and stepped on a yellow jacket. ERG!
At the lake, a got a huge wound in my toe from scraping it lightly against a rock (don't ask how...) and then fell in a trench hurting my knee so it hurt to walk on for a while.
So basically me feet are cursed.
Um...
Uh...
Well...
Well, I'm feeling un-creative...so that's all ya get. Sorry!
Over and out!
-Shadow
Now I'm itching to know where you went . . . just because it's, you know, the Sierras . . .
ReplyDeleteUmmm, I don't know exactly where, but we almost had to take a detour through a certain city in a bordering state because of the forest fire...Oh, wow. Did I not mention the fire? *facepalm*
DeleteEh, well, there have been a lot of fires near the Sierras.
DeleteI'd email you about it but a) I don't have your email and b) if I chat you while you're offline I don't think you get a record of it. Chat me your email sometime? Please? That way I don't have to tell you whatever I was trying to tell you in a weirdly roundabout and mysterious-sounding comment on your blog. :)
I do get your messages if you're off line, actually. When I check for them. But yeah, I gave you my e-mail :)
DeleteThat sounds fun.
ReplyDeleteMy preferred mountains are still the Appalachias.
Your vacation still sounds awesome. And don't you love it when you're home and you get to allow hurt feet to heal? But my experiences have mostly involved cobblestones.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey, Shadows! I like your new blog . . . and also, the "argentive" silence in your profile. :-F That's funny. I'm sorry about all the injuries -- that's hardly fun. I'm imagining you hopping around on one foot, holding your toe. And knee. And shin. And stung bottom of your foot. ;-( Your blog is great! Just remember to fall of your chair onto a carpeted floor, and not on a yellow jacket. ^-^
ReplyDelete