But, there are three things I want to address here.
Firstly, my old blog.
Many of you must wonder why, in the midst of a glorious era of absolute postlessness, where crickets thrived, I would make a new blog (and blogger account). The answer is simple. The old blog, and account, used my old, and somewhat embarrassing e-mail address. (Don't worry, unless you know me from third grade I gave you the new one) So, when I created a google+ account, instead of using my blogger info, I decided to start again, from scratch.
Since I will most likely never post on Spilled Ink again, except to link to here, you should all feel you have a clean conscience when you remove it from your blogroll (except got Billybobjean, who has no conscience). However, if for some strange reason you want a link to it, one can be found in the page titled "Spilled Ink" or here.
Secondly, and quite shortly, I'd like you to promise me that if I ever go a full week without posting, and did not state a reason why, you will promptly bang me on the head with a virtual baseball bat until I post. Agreed? Good.
Lastly, the naming of this blog.
One fateful day, during a skype video chat, someone (I believe it was BBJ) said something so amusing that, in the act of laughing, I fell off my chair. This was perhaps even more entertaining than the thing that made me laugh. So was born the new LOL, the improved ROFL: FOMCL. My web address.
Now, the actual credit for the actual name goes to Billybobjean. While skyping with her, I said *falls off chair* but forgot an f in off. So, she rushed to some unknown photo editor, and came back with this:
After then followed the falls of bed:
And finally, my version of the falls of chair, made large enough to be the background for this blog:
And that is the story of the falls of chair
Spread it onwards, if you dare
For in this bout of thus unplanned
Poetry that is at hand
I give a message of repose
Expressed in this first draft of prose.
-Shadow
(Who is considering finishing each of his posts with an on the spot, unedited stanza...)



Yay! You're back! *rushes to add link to blogroll*
ReplyDeleteI almost fell off my sofa while reading this.
ReplyDeleteYah, I've returned.
Yay, your new blog! And the Falls of Chair! :-D BTW, you might want to include a different following thing -- I only just found the link in the bottom of the commenting section of your first post, and it's a "Subscribe by Email" one.
ReplyDeleteWait, no, it isn't a link to follow your blog. Um, I can't find where to follow.
ReplyDelete